Book Blogger Confessions #4





Karen from For What It's Worth and Pam from Midnyte Reader are teaming up for this years Book Blogger Confessions.

Book Blogger Confessions is a meme that posts the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month, where book bloggers "confess" and vent about blogging/bookish topics. Feel free to share, vent and offer solutions.


Make sure you check out this post if you are interested in participating. 

Q: How has blogging and reviewing changed your reading habits? Do you read a genre now that you wouldn't have tried prior? Or have you been turned off by a genre you used to love?

A: Blogging and Reviewing has significantly changed how and what I read. I used to obviously read for fun but a lot of what I read was what was hot and new at the moment.  I would never actively seek out title's and reading back titles was almost non existant. I have been introduced to the world of Paranormal Romance that I never would have picked up for myself if I hadn't started seeing some amazing reviews on Goodreads. I have also found a new love of Contemporary. I don't know why but I love reading about heart break and I have been actively seeking out title's that will make me cry. Weird huh? I know but I love being able to feel the emotion come across the pages and Contemporary has definitely done that for me. 


I haven't been turned off a genre but I have been opened up to some amazing books that I never would have picked up before.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've been reading more books that end on a positive, lighter note than before. I used to read a lot of darker stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been introduced to so much more YA and I like it!!

    ReplyDelete