Review: Almost To Die For- Tate Hallaway


Almost To Die For by Tate Hallaway
Release Date: August 3 2010
Publisher: New American Library
Format: Paperback
Pages: 241
Genre: YA/Supernatural
Series: The Vampire Princess of St Paul #1
Source: I won this book from Laura at Booksnob


Goodreads Synopsis: 
On her sixteenth birthday, Anastasija Parker's present winds up being the shock of a lifetime. When her mom referred to her absentee dad as a deadbeat it was actually half true -- he's a vampire. And a king, no less. A king who wants his daughter to assume her rightful position at his side. But, thanks to Ana's mother, the blood of a witch also runs through her veins.... 

Too bad vampires and witches are mortal enemies. 

With her parents gearing up for an all out brawl over her destiny, Ana's about ready to scream. But things get even crazier when a male witch and a brooding bad boy vampire start vying for her affection. Then the barely leashed tension between the vampires and the witches starts to boil over, and Ana has to figure out once and for all if she wants to become heir to her dad's throne. And deciding your eternal destiny is a pretty big deal for a girl who just wants to get through high school



My Thoughts: 

Ok I totally loved this book. The elements of the vampires and witches was great. Tate has a great way of appealing to her audience. I started this book and I couldnt put it down. It took me three hours to finish. I was hooked from the first page to the last. 

I loved how Tate incorperated comedy into her book. This had me laughing out loud at some parts. A Loner by all measures Ana doesn't fit in anywhere. Not at school and not with her coven. Caught between two worlds shes finding it hard to balance. She doesn't know where she fits in. 
Ana is a great heroin. It will be great to see where Ana's story takes us. I cannot wait to read book two! 

I totally recommend this book to anyone who loves Vampires or Witches. It was a great YA read! 

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book and I am a huge Tate Hallaway Fan , Ive got Books 4 and 5 of Garnet Lacey series on my Kobo to read :)
    Im a new follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book but I enjoyed her adult series so I think I need to give this one a try. I love a book that makes me laugh and it sounds like Ana is an enjoyable YA heroine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! Hey, thanks for visiting my blog, too--hope you enjoyed the Crossroads tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween. Here from the bloghop. I follow you, please follow back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm your newest follower from Creepy Crawl Blog Hop. Happy Halloween!

    Heather
    MyWorkOfHeart

    ReplyDelete