ARC review of Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton


Darkness Becomes HerDarkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
Release Date: February 22 2011
Pages: 273
Publisher:Simon Pulse
Format: ARC Paperback
Genre: YA/ Supernatural
Series: Gods and Monsters (#1)
Source: Publisher 

Goodreads Synopsis:
Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is. 

Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued. 

She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her. 

Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed



My Thoughts:
Ok so I really loved this book. Kelly did an amazing job. It is a great supernatural read that has all the supernatural creatures in it. All the elements of a great supernatural read. The heroine is a great girl named Ari. Ari has always been different and she travels to the city where she was born to find out more about her past. 


Orphaned at a young age Ari sets out to find the truth about who she is. She discovers that its definitely not what she expected. She finds a house full of misfit children who she comes to care for a great deal. I do not want to give too much away but I will say that any one who loves the paranormal genre will definitely want to pick up this YA when it comes out. 


I really have to give Kelly some amazing credit because I really enjoyed it. The writing style was amazing and I loved all the characters. The character development was done really well. I had no issues connecting with her characters.  I read the entire book in 3 hours. I couldn't put it down and I didnt want to. Great Job Kelly and I cannot wait until 2012 when the sequel comes out!!



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have this on my tbr and can't wait to get to it! Sounds like I'll really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds like a great book!

    Check out my giveaway here:
    Win A Signed Copy of Afterlight by Elle Jasper

    ReplyDelete