Jaz Primo author of Sunrise at Sunset Guest Post



Hello all you paranormal fans out there! *grinning*
*"Monsters" by Matchbook Romance plays*
*Glancing up, right, left, and down the lengths of the blog page as I sit in the middle of it*
Hey, this place looks pretty cool. I've pondered fairy tales before, but I've never considered what My Bloody Fairy Tale might look like. Impressive, really. The purple hues...the roses...the cool vampire chick with a bleeding rose. Nope...Grim never had a vision this good in his fairly tales, I can almost assure you. Nicely done, Kristen. *wink*

Oh, I'm sorry...how rude of me not to introduce myself. I'm Jaz Primo, and my debut urban fantasy/paranormal vampire romance novel, Sunrise at Sunset, was just released in October. Here's the teaser from the back cover:

“We vampires are focused and tend to shape our own realities.”
My name is Katrina Rawlings, and I am a vampire. I declare that with neither pride nor ego. I am simply nature’s most dangerous predator. On occasion, it’s a very valuable quality. It helped me protect Caleb Taylor one day when he was very young. But that single, traumatic day is behind him now; wiped from his memory, or so I hope.
Caleb has finally matured into a rather striking young man, and believe me, I like what I see. I’ll readily admit that there are issues for us to confront and overcome, though a sense of mutual commitment isn’t one of them. I’m feeling hopeful for our future together, in fact. But an adversary from my past has returned to haunt me, and she’s trying to get back at me through Caleb. That was her first...and last...mistake. I’ll protect my Caleb at all costs, and I’ll make her regret the day she was born.
So, I suppose that I’m not just a vampire. I’m about to become someone’s worst nightmare!

It's a passionate, edgy vampire novel with a new spin on vampires. It also blows away the well-trodden, traditional "alpha male/beta female" scenario and spins it like a top...and a bottom! Katrina is unlike any other alpha female vampire in paranormal romance, and Caleb is unlike any male lead character in modern fiction. Yet, their chemistry is both unforgettable and magical in its scope and depth.
Did I pique your interest? I sincerely hope so...
And please check out my book trailer that should be out on December 2nd. It will be appearing at a popular Internet venue near you, so be sure to give it a view when you see it! *smiling*
What interesting tidbits can I share about myself? Well, I absolutely LOVE alternative rock music, which I use as my primary emotional fuel source when writing. It keeps me in the mood, and helps heighten the emotions that I'm conveying to the reader. It also causes the "film in my head" of the characters to keep replaying so that I can get the descriptions of what's happening just right. Credit my active imagination for being the perfect home theater system for my brain!

Since I first learned to read, I was a big fan of fantasy/sci-fi/paranormal stories. And I have been a creative writer since elementary school. Combine a creative, vivid imagination with a love for fantasy and you get "the perfect storm". I simply love to write!
Finally, I have an eclectic personality and a number of diverse interests, but there's just nothing better than a good novel to escape reality for a while. Don't you agree?
*pausing*
Okay, that's probably enough about me for now...let's talk more about what makes YOU, the paranormal fan, tick...and perhaps twitch. *wink*

*"Crystalised" by The XX  plays*
Is anyone out there also happy that fall has arrived? Do the crisp, chill night breezes make you feel the tickle of a vampire's breath against your neckline? With the sun setting sooner, does your pulse race just a little faster as you walk more briskly to your car in that dark parking lot? Or do you look into the building blanket of twilight hoping for a set of pearly fangs with your name on them? *chuckling* I simply love fall... *smiling contentedly*

What is it about paranormal and urban fantasy novels that keeps us coming back for more? Is it a sense of feral edginess that our lives lack? Surely, we don't crave such danger, violence, and angst to be a part of our real lives. Or do we? Well, as an avid fan of both genres, I think I understand the pull and allure. We all have drama in our lives, but nothing quite so exotic or sweeping as what a great paranormal novel can bring. *grinning* And reality certainly can't match the erotic, exciting, and sensual encounters of a sizzling paranormal romance!
What's that? *listening closely*
Oh, so you want to know why urban fantasy has such a draw? While it's true that urban fantasy has many of the same elements as paranormal novels; the focus of the storylines are almost exclusively in cities or other urban settings. The allure is simple, really. Most of us live in city or suburban areas today, and we readily identify with the look, feel, and aura of urban settings. Did you know that fewer than twenty percent of people in North America during the early 1800s lived in or around major cities? Today, well over fifty percent of Americans live in metropolitan or  urban areas.
*Pausing to consider what I wrote*
*frowning*
Aw, hell...who am I kidding?
I'll tell you what we really love: It's all about the fur, the fangs, the magic, and the thrill of desire!
Geez, I could have saved all that typing if I had simply cut to the chase... *smirking*

*"Heaven Waits" by Geographer plays*
Well, it's almost time to bring our visit to a close, folks. You have a great place to hang out in here, and I appreciate you taking the time to spend some time with me today. My thanks to Kristen for the opportunity to say hello to each of you! It's been an excellent experience! And I hope that you'll consider adding Sunrise at Sunset to your reading list.
I'm told it's fang-tastic. *wink*
And hey, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and see me at www.jazprimo.com. You can read the first chapter of my novel! Of course, you can also sample it on Amazon for either the eBook or trade paperback.
*Looking around me for one last time*
Like I said, I never realized what My Bloody Fairy Tale might look like...but it's righteous...and I'll be checking back with everyone. I do, however, know exactly what A Bloody London Sunset looks like. But that's a sequel for another time, boy and girls... *sly smile*
Peace.

Thank you so much Jaz for visiting! I cannot wait to read my copy of Sunrise at Sunset. Head on over to Jaz Primo's site and check it out! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment