Review: Night's Cold Kiss by Tracey O'Hara

Night's Cold Kiss        

A Nights Cold: Kiss by Tracey O'Hara
Release Date: August 25 2009
Publisher: EOS
Pages: 332


Goodreads Blurb:
Watching her mother being savagely murdered left Antoinette Petrescu inflamed with hatred for the vampire race, but she now realizes that to exact her revenge, she needs the help of one of their kind. Little does she know that the bloodthirsty Christian Laroque cloaks his own secret agenda. Guaranteed to raise the pulse of readers who crave dark vampire fiction with strong romance plotlines



My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed Night's Cold Kiss. Antoinette was a great heroine. Living her life being repulsed by the Aeternus and killing the Dreniacs, Antoinette never believed that she would be friendly with them on any terms. But when she finds herself in a situation that is beyond her control she is forced to work with Christian a brooding vampire who makes her furious and Christian's best friend Viktor. Viktor is charismatic and friendly but she still doesn't like the idea of working alongside a race she has been battling against since she was 16. 


Christian has spent a better part of his life dedicated to protecting humans and parahumans alike. But when it seems that an ancient battle that everyone believed was long in the past is coming back to haunt them, Christian enlists the help of Antoinette. He know's the working along side her is going to be very difficult for more reasons than he can count. Antoinette is the best at what she does and that is exactly what they need.


Even though she is more connected to the case than even she know's, Antoinette is plagued with nightmare's of the horrific night that her mother was murdered right in front of her. But when she believed that it was all over her nightmare's are becoming a reality and the psychotic vampire that everyone believed was dead has just been lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time to claim his prize. But there are more predator's in the wind, even more dangerous than any of them could have imagined. 


The characters in this book are great. I had no problem getting into the story and keeping with it. I was a little bored with Antoinette sometimes. I didn't always understand her motivation and her emotions but her character grew and she became stronger to me than she was in the beginning. I absolutely adored Christian. His brooding and protective ways had me hooked. Viktor was hilarious and a very lovable character. 


This was a great read for me. I really loved Tracey's writing style and I loved how she built up Antoinette. The twist's and turns in the book kept me excited and wanting more. I was never bored and I certainly cannot wait to continue the story with Death's Sweet Embrace.

I Give 4/5 Hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment