Review: ARC Settling by Shelley Workinger

Settling (Solid #2) 
Settling by Shelley Workinger 
Release Date:  July 2011
Publisher: Self Published
Pages: 242

Format:  Paperback
Genre:YA/Fiction/ Sci-Fi
Source: Author



Goodreads Synopsis:
At the beginning of the summer, Clio Kaid was one of a hundred teens brought to a secret Army installation. But it was no ordinary camp and they weren’t ordinary kids… 

Soon after learning they were the products of a secret genetic experiment, the teens began developing super-abilities ranging from bounding lightness to blocking heaviness; blinding brilliance and the ability to vanish. These same gifts made them targets of a psychopath in officer’s clothing, and they found themselves fighting for their lives. 

Picking up where “Solid” left off, Clio and her friends realize that they aren’t ready to go home; they’re determined to stay on campus and continue their journey of self- discovery. But someone doesn’t feel the same way and will do anything to drive them away – even kill. 

Friendships will be tested, abilities will evolve, and more secrets will come out as the teens race to stop the killer before he sets his sights on one of them…




My Thoughts:
I don't think I was as captured with "Settling" as I was with "Solid". Now don't get me wrong, I did fly through the book and I really enjoyed reading it. It was well written and I enjoyed the story but I found the plot to be lagging on the major story line. The character's were well written and developed like they were in "Solid" but I found that Clio was a little less interesting in this book then she was in the first.


I found that she was a little more self-centered and complicated which I believe is what Shelley was going for and it does give you more of an inside look into Clio's character but I didn't really like the direction in which it took her. I also found that the major plot turner's happened a little late in the story.


I loved all of her character's. I think they were well developed and I loved the new character's that Shelley introduced. I loved the relationships that they all have formed and I loved where those relationships are headed. I think that "Settling" was a great opener for book 3 "Sound" I just feel like Shelley could have spent a little less time on Clio's situation and a little more time on the event's that are effecting the kids as a whole. But it does make you want to continue on with the story and I feel like Shelley kept me hooked to read "Sound"


I really did enjoy "Settling" don't get me wrong and for anyone who has read "Solid" I think they might understand what I mean. I think Shelley is a very talented writer and she did captivate me with "Settling" She has a great writing style and I love her plot lines. Her character's are great and she keeps me hooked from the first page. Not as action pact as "Solid" but "Settling" is a must read.


I Give this 4/5 Hearts! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment