Review: It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
Release Date: April 27 2010
Pages: 288
Publisher: Simon and Shuster
Format: Paperback
Genre: YA/Contemporary/Fiction
Source: Publisher 



Goodreads Synopsis:
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?
It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.



My Thoughts:
This book was everything I hoped it would be. I could not help but laugh and cry through the entire book. Jenny writes such a sweet story that gripped my heartstrings. I didn't think that the relationship between Belly, Jeremiah and Conrad could get any more tangled but it sure did.


There is this emotional connection that Jenny makes with her audience that just blows me away. I found myself lost in this amazing story. I could not put the book down. This is one of those stories where you wish it was your life.


Her character's are emotionally gripping and I have no trouble connecting with them or the story as a whole. An amazingly sweet story that keeps me begging for more. I love the way Jenny writes the story that makes you feel like you are there with her character's. 


Jenny Han is an amazing author who has no problem making connections with her readers. I am thrilled to have been able to read this wonderful story. It's Not Summer Without You is a page turner that will have you forgetting the time and getting lost in the Summer house in Cousins.  A must read for me. I cannot praise this story enough. If you haven't picked up Jenny's first novel The Summer I Turned Pretty you are seriously missing out on the amazing story of Belly and the Beck Boys. 


I Give This 5/5 Hearts! 

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME !!! =)
    So glad you liked this one that much !! Can't wait to read your review on the last book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to start this series. I've heard so many great things. Great reivew. Donna

    ReplyDelete