ARC Review: Legacy by Cayla Kluver


Legacy by Cayla Kluver
Release Date: June 28 2011
Pages:488
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: ARC Paperback
Genre: YA/Historical Fiction
Source: Publisher



Goodreads Synopsis:

The first boy disappeared on the day of his birth, on a night when the pale yellow moon of the nighttime sky turned red and bathed the heavens in the ghastly color of blood, on the same night the Kingdom of Cokyri abruptly ceased its merciless attack.

Across the land of Hytanica, under the shadow of the crimson moon, infant boys continued to vanish. Not until the blood had faded from the sky did the disappearances stop and the bodies of the murdered infants were found outside the gates of the city, a final word from the greatest enemy Hytanica had ever known. For the next sixteen years, peace reigned, but one mystery remained unsolved. The Cokyrians had abducted forty-nine newborns, but returned only forty-eight bodies.

Now, as seventeen-year-old Princess Alera of Hytanica is besieged from all sides by suitors vying for the Throne, a teenage Cokyrian boy, Narian, is encountered within the walls of her Kingdom, a boy who will show Alera a world where women serve a purpose and not just a husband. As Narian helps Alera find her voice, she struggles against an arranged marriage that will shatter the life she has scarcely begun to live. And when Narian's shocking past is uncovered, and war with Cokyri looms once more, he must fight to defy a fate ordained at his birth.



My Thoughts:
A remarkably well written novel. Cayla has a tremendous talent for creating amazing character's and an amazing story line that even I couldn't get enough of. I am not a huge fan of historical fiction but this one caught my attention and kept it. 


I have to praise Cayla for a seriously remarkably written novel. The settings and backdrops that she created gave the story an air of elegance that I have yet to read. I think Cayla captured Alera's character well. The princess having to choose over love or her destiny. After falling in love with a man that she cannot have and determining which is more important. 


Cayla's character development was amazing. I had no problem keeping entranced in her story from beginning to end. I was pleasantly surprised at the writing style. Like I mentioned I am not a fan of historical fiction but this one was beyond amazing. The descriptions that Cayla gave were just enough to give you a perfect picture of the world of Hytanica. 


I truly cannot sing Cayla's praises enough. Legacy is an amazing story of love,loss,destiny and obligation. A read that will have your heart swooning and captivated with these amazing character's. You are going to want to take the journey with Alera as she decides which is more important love or obligation to her kingdom. 


Legacy is definitely a 5 star read for me and I highly recommend this YA novel. Even if you are not a fan of historical fiction like myself you will agree that this is one you can add to your shelf!


I Give This 5/5 Hearts!! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment