Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen (Fallen, #1)
Release Date:December 8 2009
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages:452
Format: Paperback
Genre: YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Source: Bought

Goodreads Synopsis:
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her

My Thoughts:
Fallen is a dark and fascinating novel that I absolutely loved. I thoroughly enjoyed the sexy and edginess of it. Lauren Kate is a talented author who had me sucked in from page one.

I loved the story of Luce and Daniel. I thought the push and pull of their character's made for great reading. As Luce goes through trying to piece her life back together after a horrific accident that claims the life of a friend of hers she is sent to a reform school. Luce didn't expect Swords & Cross to be the place where she finally figures out who she really is.

When Luce lays her eyes on Daniel she has a weird sense of De ja vu. Trying to figure out the connection with Daniel she sets out to find out everything she can about the elusive Daniel Grigori.The plot of Fallen was entrancing. I was enthralled with all the character's. Each one of their quirky personalities made them excellent side character's.

Fallen is beautifully written with a haunting storyline that makes you want to figure out the connection between Daniel and Luce like you need to drink water. I wanted to do nothing else until I finished the book.

I cannot wait to run out and pick up Torment and Passion and finish this amazing series. I was thoroughly pleased with the story and I highly recommend Fallen to anyone who loves a hauntingly beautiful love story that ascends the test of time.

I Give This 4/5 Hearts!

Links!

2 comments:

  1. I have had this one for a while I just need to get around to reading it. I hope you enjoy Torment and Passion just as much as you did Fallen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started in on this series yet. It feels like my kind of book though!

    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete