Review: Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Mercy (Mercy, #1)
Release Date: October 28 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 280
Genre: YA/Supernatural/Fiction
Format: Hardcover
Source: Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis:
An electric combination of angels, mystery and romance, MERCY is the first book in a major new paranormal series.

There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love


My Thoughts:
Mercy was a captivating novel that had my guessing with each page I turned. It was a wonderfully written novel with beautiful imagery. 


I really enjoyed Mercy. I was a little confused at the beginning of the novel. It took me a little bit to understand what Rebecca was getting at with her story line but once the novel picked up I really loved the spin she took on the story.


A unique way of telling the story from different a point of view. The character's in the story were well developed. I felt there was some dryness with some of the smaller character's but it didn't bother me too much. I loved the relationship Mercy had with Ryan. Ryan is going through immense inner torment and Mercy is the only one who can understand him and bring him out of his inner darkness. 


I found that Rebecca has a hauntingly beautiful way of telling the story without needing to go into too much detail. She leaves a lot up to the imagination and I really enjoyed that. She keeps you guessing and wondering at which direction the story is going to take. Just when I thought I had things figured out I was pleasantly surprised to find I was wrong.


The end angered me a little but in a good way. Rebecca left the novel off with such a great cliffhanger I cannot help but crave the next novel to find out what happens to Mercy and Ryan. 


I enjoyed Mercy and I cannot wait to read Muse. 


I Give This 3/5 Hearts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment