Review:Swoon by Nina Malkin

Swoon by Nina Malkin
Release Date: May 19 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages:425
Format:Paperback
Genre:YA/Supernatural/Fiction
Source: Bought
  • Goodreads Synopsis:
Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing ever happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree, and her spirit intertwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge. And while Pen is oblivious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intensely drawn to him -- but not at all crazy about the havoc he's wreaking. Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent -- and irresistible -- adversary, before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.
What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?

My Thoughts:
I thoroughly enjoyed Swoon. It was nothing at all what I thought it was going to be. Swoon is a dark and edgy YA that traps you into the magical world of Dice and Sin. 

I loved the realism that Nina put into her story. For a fiction novel she depicts her character's very well. Nina's character's took on a world of their own and I was glad to be a long for the ride. 

Swoon is a one of the darker YA novel's that I've read and I thought it would be too dark for this genre but I think that Nina portrayed her story beautifully. 

The relationships that Dice has are tested in every way possible as she tries to stop the boy she loves from causing her loved ones harm. The struggles that Dice has to face in order to keep them apart bring the story a sense of realism and I loved that. 

Swoon is a novel that will grip you in and as you travel with Dice and Sin on their journey for revenge and love.



I Give This 4/5 Hearts! 

2 comments:

  1. I really didn't enjoy this one. I'm glad that you enjoyed it though and I'm sure you will like the sequel that is coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading Swoon! I read a lot of mixed reviews when it was first released so I never picked up a copy...

    ReplyDelete