ARC Review: Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Release Date:September 27 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 464 
Format:ARC Paperback
Genre:YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Source: Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong

My Thoughts:
I was blown away by this novel. Such a creative and captivating story that had me hooked straight through. I was absolutely entranced by The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I was not expecting the novel to be what it was. The plot twists and cliffhangers kept me excited.

Mara’s story is one that had me smiling. Her relationship with Noah Shaw had me blushing at times. Just when I was starting to figure out where the story was going Michelle through in curve balls and I was thrown for a loop but in a great way.Definitely a story that all YA readers are going to love. The twists and turns of this story had me on my toes.

I did not want to put the book down even for a second. I read the entire thing in a day and a half and only because I had to go to work.  A breathtaking story strength in whatever form it may come in.

The supernatural elements in the novel were great. I was really really thrilled at just how well this was written. I am extremely excited to see where Mara’s story is going to go.  The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a novel that you are definitely going to want to put on your booksehlf.

The hype for this novel is right on the mark. There is not one bad thing that I can say about this book. It has every element of a story that I love. The character’s were great. Noah was snarky and confident and I loved that. Mara dealt with her situations the best way she knew how. I loved this story and I cannot praise it enough! You are definitely going to want this novel.

I Give This 5/5 Hearts!


1 comment:

  1. I've been debating on whether or not I want to read this book, but your review makes it sound really amazing! I'll definitely have to add it to my list now :)

    ReplyDelete