Review: The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout

The Turning (Blood Ties, #1)
The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout
Release Date: June 1 2006
Publisher: Mira 
Pages:384
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought

Goodreads Synopsis:

I'm no coward. I want to make that perfectly clear. But after my life turned into a horror movie, I take fear a lot more seriously now. I finally became Dr. Carrie Ames just eight months ago. Then I was attacked in the hospital morgue by a vampire. Just my luck.
So now I'm a vampire, and it turns out I have a blood tie to the monster sired me. The tie works like an invisible leash and I'm bound to him no matter what I do. And of course he's one of the most evil vampires on earth. With my sire hell-bent on turning me into a soulless killer and his sworn enemy set to exterminate me, things couldn't get much worse -- except I'm attracted to them both.
Drinking blood, living as an immortal demon and being a pawn between two warring vampire factions isn't exactly how I'd imagined my future. But as my father used to say, the only way to conquer fear is to face it. So that's what I'll do. Fangs bared.


My Thoughts:
I was pleased with The Turning. I thought it was a good start to the series. I absolutely adored Carrie and Nate. The relationship between them was electrified with unbridled passion. Being unable to act upon those feelings made the dynamic of their relationship and enjoyable read.

I loved to hate Cyrus. He is one of those character's that are much needed but you hate them all the same, but without them the novel wouldn't be what it was. This was a great paranormal romance read.

Carrie handles her life being turned upside down pretty well. Being bound to someone that you cannot stand but are inexplicably drawn to would make anyone go insane.

Great character's with an intriguing plot and heated tension made The Turning a thrilling read for me.

I Give This 4/5 Hearts!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment