Series Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Release Date: December 14 2008, September 1 2009, August 14 2010
Publisher: Scholastic
Format: Hardcover's
Pages: 374, 391, 390
Genre: YA/YA Fantasy/ Post Apocolyptic
Source: Purchased


Goodreads Synopsis:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My Thoughts:
I was riveted by The Hunger Games Series. A powerful and gripping series that will leave you on the edge of your seat until the very last page of the very last book.

I had been told by multiple people that I was seriously missing out on one amazing story. It took me a while to finally buy the series, but when I started reading it, I finally understood why this series has such an amazing following.

This truly is one of the greatest series' that I have read. The story is so enchanting, it brought me to tears more times than I can count. I was touched by all the character's and could not believe the situations that Suzanne put them through.

Katniss and Peeta are extraordinary character's who go through such an excrutiating time trying to keep themselves alive. I was thrilled with the entire story. Suzanne is a powerful story teller and I am so glad I finally read the books.

I loved Gale. I felt his character was a huge presence in the story even when he wasn't there. He has such a huge impact on Katniss' life and decisions. I honestly do not know how much more I can praise The Hunger Games. But for anyone who has read them, they understand the impact these books have had.

A story that is not to be missed by anyone. A story that can be enjoyed by all. Suzanne is a master of taking you into a post apocolyptic nightmare and keeping you entranced. You will not want to miss out on The Hunger Games. A must read!

I Give This 5/5 Hearts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment