ARC Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
Release Date: January 17 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 416
Format:ARC Paperback
Genre: YA/Supernatural
Source: Publisher



Goodreads  Synopsis:
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. 


Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. 


With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning. 


My Thoughts:
Now it is very hard to surpass the first book in any series, and I know I have read a lot of books that have not quiet lived up to the first, but I am pleasantly pleased to say that Hallowed is one of those rare books that was better than its first.


I thought I loved Unearthly ( which I did) but I loved Hallowed so much more. This book made me feel so much more than the first. I cried so hard through Hallowed it was unbelievable.


Clara was put through a lot with Unearthly but she is tested so much more through Hallowed. She thought her purpose was hard to understand before it is so much more now.


Tucker is still my hero. I loved him that much more for this book. He is always there and a constant rock for Clara even when things get really tough. Now I do not want to spoil it for anyone so I won't go on any further with Tucker.


Christian as always is a heavy presence. There but not quiet there. He is so much more for Clara but she refuses to have her life predestined for her and she will fight tooth and nail to have what she wants, even when it is not necessarily the best for her.


I LOVE this series. Cynthia Hand is an extraordinary author who just keeps getting better and better. She is has this great way of making what could possibly be a very heavy novel, light and fun. She is a talent to be reckoned with. If you have not yet read Unearthly or Hallowed then you will definitely want to pick this series up! A must read!


I Give This 5/5 Hearts! 

1 comment:

  1. Clara is going to go through a lot in her senior year, with love, family, her future, even who she really is. Every one of these are going to bring heart break for her. Clara will have to grow up and face things she doesn’t want to face, and truths that she doesn’t want to see. Truth with Tucker, Christian, her brother Jeffrey, and her dad. What Clara gained in her life in Unearthly she loses it all in Hallowed.

    ReplyDelete