Review: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Release Date: February 15 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 453
Genre: YA/Supernatural
Series: Angelfire (#1)
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
First there are nightmares. 

Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her. 
Then come the memories. 

When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream. 

Now she must hunt. 

Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

My Thoughts:
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. This was one incredible thrill ride. I had heard some absolutely amazing things about this book but it had taken me a while to get my hands on a copy and I am so excited that I finally went out and purchased one.  I was expecting this to be a great novel, considering all the praise that Angelfire received but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was.

Ellie and Will have got to be two of my favorite YA character's by far. Ellie is just one kick ass heroine and Will is her protector that goes above and beyond the call of duty. For Ellie to find out that she is not just a normal high school girl comes as the greatest shock, but she tries to her hardest to make the best out of a weird situation.

I loved the way that Courtney captured Will's undying devotion towards Ellie. The emotion just resonated off the pages. It has been a while since I have been this captured with a couple's relationship. The villain's in Angelfire are so unbelievably wicked, they make the novel that much more fun to read.

Seriously for those who have not had the joy of reading Angelfire yet you are missing out on one incredible story. Courtney's imagination and her writing style are not to be missed.  I am so excited and I cannot wait for Wings of The Wicked.  

So go out now and get yourself a copy, seriously run, now! Fear The Reaper!! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment