Review: Angel Burn by L.A Weatherly


Release Date: May 24 2011
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Format: Hardcover
Pages:449
Genre: YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Series: Angel (#1)
Source: Purchased


Goodreads Synopsis:
Willow knows she's different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people's dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. she has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself does. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces and that he's one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed Angel Burn. This was not at all what I was expecting from this book. I loved the unique take on the Angel's.

Angel Burn had a really slow start for me. For some reason it took me a little bit more to get into this story then it usually does. For some reason I couldn't connect with Willow. She seemed a little off and distant at the beginning of the story. I think it went well with her awkwardness but it did not sit right with me.

I absolutely adored Alex from the very beginning. He is my type of character. He has that dark and brooding nature about him that had me hooked. I am a big fan of Alex.

As the story went on I was able to understand Willow more and I began to understand her character. By the end of Angel Burn my perception of Willow was definitely changed.

Angel Burn is a great story. It had a lot of action and adventure in which is an element of a story I love. It wasn't as fast-paced as I normally like my books but there was a good balance.

The romance in Angel Burn is really incredible. L.A was able to bring across Alex and Willow's relationship very easily and it did not seem forced.

Angel Burn is a great story with some twists and turns that will keep you guessing. I think it was a great beginning to the rest of the series. I am excited to continue with Angel Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment