Review: The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

The Predicteds
Release Date: September 6 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Format: Paperback
Pages: 342
Genre: YA/Fiction
Source: Publisher


Goodreads Synopsis:
"Your future is not your own..."
"We wanted to know what makes a good kid good and a bad kid bad. Can you blame us for that? We found an astoundingly, marvelously simple answer: The brain isn't so much a complicated machine as it is a crystal ball. If you look into it, you will see everything you want to know."
-Dr. Mark Miliken, senior researcher at Utopia Laboratories


Who will it be?
Will the head cheerleader get pregnant?
Is the student council president a secret drug addict?

The whole school is freaking out about PROFILE, an experimental program that can predict students' future behavior.
The only question Daphne wants answered is whether Jesse will ask her out...but he's a Predicted, and there's something about his future he's not telling her.

My Thoughts:
I was very pleased with The Predicteds.I thought that the plot for this was incredibly unique. Imagine what life would be like if everyone exactly what people were predestined to do? What kind of chaos would our world be in if this were the case?

I thought that Daphne was a great character. She was strong and determined. At the beginning I wasn't too sure about her just because she seemed to go more with the flow instead of standing on her own two feet, but by the end of the book Daphne became my hero. She did what she thought and knew was right instead of following the crowd.

I adored Jesse. I thought that people did not give him enough credit throughout the book. His love for Daphne was heart breaking. He has this reputation that he just cannot seem to shake, no matter what and most likely never will.

The Predicteds was a breath of fresh air. A refreshing novel that left me wanting more. I did not want it to end. Christine Seifert is an incredible story teller who is not afraid to get dark and edgy. I have just become a huge fan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment