Review: Dead To You by Lisa McMann

Dead to You 
Release Date: February 7 2012
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Format: Hardcover
Pages:256
Genre: YA/Fiction
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable... 


My Thoughts:
I am a big fan of Lisa's. I loved her Wake trilogy and she just blows me away with Dead To You. I read the entire book in six hours. I was surprisingly thrilled with the way that this book turned out.


She gives her readers a great glimpse into the life of a child who has been abducted from their family. An insightful eye opener to think about what it would be like to be reunited with your lost family and how would a person cope with that. 


I loved Ethan's story. It was sad and heartbreaking and lonely and thrilling all wrapped up into an amazing book.It was great going on the journey with him as he tried to find his place amongst a family that he has all but forgotten. His growing romance with his childhood best friend and his hopes to fit into this new world.


The cliffhanger at the end kind of caught me off guard, I'm not going to lie. I am not sure that it was a major surprise but it was not what I was hoping for. Either way it made for an amazing ending and it was a great opener for, perhaps another book.


I thoroughly enjoy Lisa and all of her writing and Dead To You did not fail to captivate me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment