ARC Review: White Horse by Alex Adams

White Horse: A Novel
Release Date: April 17 2012
PublisherAtria/Emily Bestler Books,
Format: ARC Paperback
Genre: Adult Post Apocolyptic
Source: Publisher



Goodreads Synopsis:
Thirty-year-old Zoe leads an ordinary life until the end of the world arrives. She is cleaning cages and floors at Pope Pharmaceuticals when the President of the United States announces that human beings are no longer a viable species. When Zoe realizes that everyone she loves is disappearing, she starts running. Scared and alone in a shockingly changed world, she embarks on a remarkable journey of survival and redemption. Along the way, Zoe comes to see that humans are not defined by their genetic code, but rather by their actions and choices. White Horse offers hope for a broken world, where love can lead to the most unexpected places. 


My Thoughts:

One of the best post apogolyptic novels that I have read in a long time. White Horse is not so much written for the YA audience. It is more of an adult novel. I enjoyed every single minute of it.


White Horse was dark and edgy and laced with an emotionally gripping sense of reality as to what human kind can do to one another. We struggle through one woman's determination to be with the one she loves and she will stop at nothing to keep her family together.


White Horse is one of those novels that not only entertains you but makes you think at the same time. As I was reading it, I was constantly thinking, is this what life would be like if society as we know it collapsed? Would people really be that heartless?


I was extremely impressed with Alex's take on the end of the world. For those who love a great post apocolyptic novel, then you will not want to miss out on White Horse.

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through my ARC of this and holy you hit it right on. I've been wondering if people would really act this way and sadly I think part of this is realistic and very scary.

    ReplyDelete