Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
Release Date: August 1 2009
Publisher: Scholatic Inc
Format: Paperback
Pages:390
Genre: YA/Supernatural
Source: Purchased
Purchase the Ebook



Goodreads Synopsis:
Grace and Sam share a kinship so close they could be lovers or siblings. But they also share a problem. When the temperature slips towards freezing, Sam reverts to his wolf identity and must retreat into the woods to protect his pack. He worries that eventually his human side will fade away and he will be left howling alone at the lonely moon. A stirring supernatural teen romance


My Thoughts:
Ok so I am a little behind on getting into this series but oh my god am I ever glad I picked this up. Such a great story. Grace and Sam have that chemistry that ever story should have. I loved Maggie's take on how the wolves survive. It is a different twist on an amazing creature.


I adore werewolves and I think that Maggie did an incredible job making them more primal and kept them closer to how nature intended wolves to be.  I love how Maggie alternates between Grace and Sam's pov. It made the book that much more exciting.


There was such a strong sense of emotion throughout the entire book. You cannot help but be sucked into her world. The end of the book was such a shocker and it made me want to read Linger even more.


I am so excited to continue reading the series to see where she takes these amazing creatures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment