A few words about this whole Carroll Bryant Situation

Now before I start I just want to say that I normally stay out of the internet drama that can go on between author's and blogger's but this one just really upset me. Ok so as many of you have already probably heard or read about over the last 24 hours an author Carroll Bryant has publicly bashed multiple blogs in the attempt to well I am not exactly sure what his intentions were to be honest. This is extremely unprofessional on his part and he has in my opinion ultimately destroyed his career. I do not think that Carroll understands that us Bloggers are the reason that self published author's have the chance to be noticed. I know how hard it is for an author to get published by one of the major publishing houses and I know that Bloggers are extremely important to self published authors. I know some great self published author's who appreciate all the hard work that Blogger's do for them and this is just plain disrespectful.



Carroll has gone on to call some wonderful Blogger's that I know liars and untrustworthy. I know that my life is extremely hectic as you all know I am a mother of 3 soon to be 4 boys and sometimes life just gets in the way. We blog because we love it and this is suppose to be fun. I know that it is extremely important and we all need to conduct ourselves in a professional manner but at the same time this is not our jobs. We are not required to do this. 


All of you guys who run blogs know how time consuming it can be. We all want to be able to write and post quality posts and we want to support you author's as much as we can but to be honest life is to short and there are not enough hours in the day to read books that we do not like. I am not saying that this is what happened in this case but I know for myself, if I cannot get into a book within the first 100 pages I usually stop reading it. I hate doing this because I know how much time author's spend on writing their works but we cannot please everyone. 


I hope that Carroll soon understands that he has painted himself in a very bad light and I do not respect anyone who will publicly bash another person, whether it's an author or a blogger. Now I have been a long time fan of A Cupcake and a Latte and I respect her very much and I am outraged that this could not have been done in a private setting.


For you author's out there who may or may not have a problem with a blogger I think the best thing for you to do would be to email this person and discuss your issue's with them this way. Do not make yourself look bad by publicly bashing them. 




Those are my feelings and I just hope that people can learn to be a little more respectful of one another!


I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and I will be back to regular postings this week :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment