Ten by Gretchen McNeil


Ten Ten by Gretchen McNeil
Release Date: September 18 2012
Publisher: Balzer+Bray
Format: Hardcover
Pages:294
Genre: YA/Thriller
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. Party at White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.


It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?



My Thoughts:
Ten is an extremely creepy YA Thriller. I loved every heart stopping minute. Ten is a little on the predictable side by Gretchen was able to throw some twists and turns my way that I didn't see coming.

I have been looking forward to reading Ten for half a year and I wasn't disappointed. Gretchen was able to suck me into the story. I felt like I was there which just made the book that much better. To say that Ten is a page turner is an understatement.

It took me less than 6 hours to read it and the only reason it took me that long was because my kids wouldn't let me read non stop. Ten is the type of read that you must finish in one sitting because you have to figure out who the killer is. I can't believe how many times I thought I had it figured out just to be proven wrong.

Gretchen's characters are believeable and she is a master of a psychological mind f**k. Sorry but I don't know how else to put it.

Like I said I loved Ten. If you want a book that will give you the creeps even while you are reading it in a room full of people then Ten is that book.

1 comment: