Review: Released by Megan Duncan


Released (Agents of Evil, #1)

Released by Megan Duncan
Release Date: April 1, 2011
Publisher: Createspace
Format: Ebook
Pages: 462
Genre: YA/Apocolypse
Series: Agents of Evil #1
Source: Author

Goodreads Synopsis:
After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark than they could have ever imagined



My Thoughts:
Aside from being short, Released was a fascinating apocalypse story. Abby,
Carter, and Max have survived…..so far. The demons have taken over, killing everyone
they know. Abby and Carter’s dad was killed trying to save the neighbor. The death of
his parents haunts Max to the point that he won’t even talk about it. So when the three of
them decide to travel 1500 miles to the safe military base, it seems like the smart thing to
do. Everyone around them is dead and they will soon run out of food and ammo.  

When I first began reading Released, I was a little skeptical. Another apocalypse
story, yes, but with some very awesome twists. Megan’s plotline is definitely not your
average apocalypse story. It skips along very well, keeping us guessing as to what will
happen next. The characters are believable and I found myself getting involved in the
story, several times asking what the heck a character was thinking and yelling “No, don’t
do it!!” (OK, mentally. Come on, I don’t want to end up in the mental ward, I probably
won’t be able to get Book #2!!)

I liked the developing relationships of Max and Abby, Carter and Taya, even
though I don’t think Carter was quite aware of theirs. Taya’s jealousy definitely added
dimension to her character, but it made me not like her very much.
Released is definitely a great book and I am looking forward to Chaos Book #2. I
would definitely recommend Released if you enjoy adventure, drama, or apocalypse.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment