Review: The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
Release Date: April 30, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: eBook
Pages: 446
Genre: Teen
Series: Blood of Eden  #1
Source: NetGalley

Goodreads Synopsis:

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.

My Thoughts:

Okay, so I kinda did a Blood of Eden marathon. My dear friend Kristen lent me Book #1, The Immortal Rules. She loved it. So I figured I would too. Wow, was I ever wrong. While being a fairly decent book, with some original, and amazing ideas, I found there were parts where I was totally bored and almost put the book down several time. Almost; remember I don’t give up on a book easy. So I made it through.
Naturally, I was a little apprehensive going into The Eternity Cure. But I tried to have faith that it would be better than The Immortal Rules, which I say again, is not a bad book. The Eternity Cure was amazing!! I flew threw it. Absolutely NO boredom!!! I love that our protagonist is a girl. I love that the love interest is not a vampire. Allie and Zeke are fire and ice, with so much potential to be so good together or so bad together.
The Eternity Cure is an engaging story, with one twist, turn, and shocker after another. By the end, I was in tears. I never saw it coming. Miss Kagawa’s imagination puts you in Allison’s shoes as she takes this heartwretching journey.
I can’t even say one character was my favorite. They all had so much depth and personality. An amazing amount of effort went into crafting relationships, be it with Zeke, or Kanin, her sire, Jackal, her blood brother, Stick, the street rat she gave her life to save, or one of the many other characters.
The Forever Song, Book #3 comes out in 2014 and is already on my to be read list. I anxiously await it, the next chapter in Allison’s story. But in the meantime, I will definitely recommend this series to readers of vampire, paranormal, and dystopia.


Let me know what your think of the Blood of Eden series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment