Review: Spellbound by Cara Lynn Schultz

Spellbound (Spellbound, #1)Spellbound by Cara Lynn Schultz
Release Date: June 21, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Paperback
Pages: 341
Genre: Teen
Series: Spellbound #1
Source: Book Depot

Goodreads Synopsis:

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?
Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Connor, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to— Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.
But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives, visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

My Thoughts:
I loved, and I mean loved, every minute of this book. I can’t say one negative thing about it. The undeniable love between Brendan and Emma was beautiful. I loved the soulmate and reincarnation aspect of this book. Spellbound was suspenseful and intriguing and I was sucked into the story immediately. What I really loved about Spellbound was that it isn’t an in your face kind of book, but the subtleness of the story flowed really well. Cara was able to suck me in and keep me entranced through the whole book.
I thought Emma was a great character. Despite all the tragedy that she has endured there was no pity party. She embraces what comes her way well.
Brendan is, well, let’s just say hot!! I am the biggest sucker for bad boys and he fits the bill. And Anthony’s psychotic nature added a great villain aspect to the book.
I really loved the entire thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment