Sanctuary by Pauline Creeden

SanctuarySanctuary  by Pauline Creedon
Release Date: September 11, 2013
Publisher: AltWit Press
Format: ebook
Pages: 280
Genre: Historical, Fantasy, Paranormal
Series: End Times
Sources: Netgalley

Goodreads Synopsis:

In a heart-racing thriller described as Falling Skies meets The Walking Dead, Jennie struggles to find a safe place for what’s left of her family. But it seems as though there is no place sacred, no place secure. First the aliens attacked the sun, making it dimmer, weaker, and half what it used to be. Then they attacked the water supply, killing one-third of Earth’s population with a bitter contaminate. And when they unleash a new terror on humankind, the victims will wish for death, but will not find it…When the world shatters to pieces around her, will Jennie find the strength she needs to keep going?

My Thoughts

Sanctuary has been on my to-be-read list for quite a while now, so by the time I got to it I had completely forgotten what it was about. But it was a very good book.

A very well-written story, I was hooked pretty much immediately. I am not big on alien stories, but Sanctuary has so many great aspects to it. Also, the God aspect and Jennie’s blind faith in her God was not for me, but it did not overwhelm the story, so even non-christians can still enjoy the story.

At first Jennie seemed like a whiny, spoiled brat, but as the story progressed and Jennie was forced to grow up, I liked her more and more. Little Mickey stole my heart from our first intro to him. And of course, brothers Hugh and Brad were very interesting.

I liked the alien’s attack monsters as well, though I would never want to be face-to-face with one.


Pauline Creeden’s Sanctuary is a very entertaining story and I look forward to the next book in the End Times Trilogy, Silence. I definitely recommend this to readers of zombie apocalypse, horror, aliens, and science fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment