Harper Lee set to publish Lost book

Ok so unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last couple of days you are most likely aware of the astonishing news that Harper Lee is, in fact, going to publish Go Set a Watchman. This is incredible. For anyone who has read To Kill A Mockingbird, which is one of my all time favourite books ever published or for anyone who knows anything about Mrs.Lee you know that this is incredible. This book was never supposed to come to light. She had never intended on making a sequel or publishing any other works, ever. Over the years Harper has been very adamant about not writing another book.


Now I am not going to lie and say that I am not excited to be able to read Go Set A Watchman which features an adult Scout but there is a question that I do have. Is this really what Harper wanted? She has been quoted on the subject stating" I have said what I wanted to say and I will not say it again." Now I have been trolling the internet and reading article after article regarding this and it seems that this piece of news has sparked quite the controversy.

Some people believe that Harper has been coerced to release the book. The woman is 88 years old and isn't in the best health. Is it really on her wishes that this book is being released? Has she somehow decided that this is what she wants? Does she want a piece of work that she believed to have been lost actually published?

I am torn between wanting to jump up and down with excitement and feeling just a pit perturbed to the fact that a woman who has clearly stated multiple times within the last 50 years that she will not release another book is in fact releasing another book? Is she being taken for granted? Is this actually what she wants?
I read on BBC News that Harper has in fact dismissed these concerns over being manipulated into releasing the book .Lee responded in a statement, saying: "I'm alive and kicking and happy as hell with the reactions to Watchman."
People still have their reservations about whether this is in fact the truth or not.

I read somewhere online that Go Set A Watchman is being published just the way it is. There aren't going to be any revisions made to the book at all, which makes sense since Harper isn't in the position to do so since she is almost blind.

I do hope that this is what Harper actually wants. I hope that she is just as excited for us to read this book as we are! I am eagerly awaiting July and I wish the best for Harper Lee!

So what do you think and how do feel about this? Let me know in the comments.

Enjoy everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment