Review: Wild Crush by Simone Elkeles



Wild Crush (Wild Cards, #2)Wild Crush by Simone Elkeles
Release Date: September 22 2015
Pages: 304
Publisher: NLA Digital LLC
Genre: YA/ Contemporary
Series: Wild Cards #2
Source: Purchased


Goodreads Synopsis:
When the only girl you want is the one you can't have...

Bad boy Vic Salazar breaks all the rules except one: Don't make a move on your best friend's girl. It’s a Guy Code that Vic lives by. It doesn't matter that he's had a crush on her for years. Monika Fox is off limits.

Monika has a secret of her own and when a tragedy throws her and Vic together, the only boy she trusts is the one she shouldn’t confide in. Vic.

As Vic struggles to keep his distance, and Monika struggles with her secrets, will their wild connection violate every rule both vowed never to break—about relationships, about friendship, about love


My Thoughts:
OMG! Honestly is it possible for Simone to write a bad book? Because I have yet to read one. Wild Crush is absolutely amazing. I love the cross over character's from Perfect Chemistry and I adore her new character's as well.

Vic is a stubborn, strong willed character who reminds me a lot of Alex Fuentes from Perfect Chemistry. His need to be saved calls to me and I adored every second of him.

Monika is a great female lead. She doesn't play the damsel in distress which I love. I loved that she is a strong lead who pushes Vic to come out of his shell and express himself.


The one thing I love most about reading anything from Simone is how all of her characters tangle together. The worlds revolve around them all and we keep seeing them pop up. I am a big fan of long running series where I get to continue to read about the characters over time. Simone is great at keeping all of her characters relevant even if the story isn't specifically about them.

Moments of this book made me break down and cry and the emotion comes pouring off the pages just like they always do with Simone's works and I love that about her novels. They suck you in and make you never want to leave. Wild Crush was no exception. I wish her books were longer so I could stay wrapped up in the worlds that she creates.

If you have read my previous reviews on her previous books you know how much I love her. If you are a fan of her work you will love this book as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment