Review: Within These Walls by J.L Berg

Within These Walls (The Walls Duet, #1)


Within These Walls by J.L Berg
Release Date: August 18 2014
Publisher: J.L Berg LLC
Format: Kindle
Genre: New Adult Romance
Source: Amazon Canada

Goodreads Synopsis:
Within these walls, he became my solace, my sanctuary and my strength.

I am not strong. I am just a survivor of circumstance.
Isn’t that what we all do? Survive?

Each of us has our own set of circumstances to muddle through. Mine are just more…complicated. Born with a severe heart defect, I’ve seen the inside of a hospital room more than my own bedroom.

I was drowning, a prisoner to the illness that owned me, until he appeared. He thinks he’s blocked out the world with his tattoos and hard exterior, but I see the real Jude, the one he so desperately wants to forget.

But is he the answer to my prayers or will he break my already damaged heart forever?

My name is Lailah Buchanan, and this is our story of hope, redemption and sacrificing it all for the one you love.
 



My Thoughts:
I really really enjoyed this book. I got this free from amazon and was very excited to read it. The plot is a little depressing at the beginning but once you get into it it is so captivating and enthralling that I had a hard time putting it down.

Lailah's and Jude's story is so entwined and moving that you cannot help but feel for this couple and cheer them on until the end. I absolutely adore the brooding male hero in any novel and Jude has that silent, commanding presence about him that you cannot help but gravitate towards him. 

What I really liked about this book is that the character's attraction towards one another did not feel forced. It flowed naturally and seamlessly. Lailah is a strong female character. Even on her death bed she is optimistic and as cheerful as one can be under the circumstances. The secondary character's had just as much of a presence in this book as the main characters and I love when authors do that. I connected just as much with Marcus and Lailah's mother as I did with Lailah and Jude.

Considering that the book took place 90% in a hospital setting it was not as gloomy as one might think. It was uplifting and was the perfect setting for this book, for obvious reasons.

This book had all the feels and was a very enjoyable read. This is a book that I would recommend to any romantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment