Review Sunrise At Sunset by Jaz Primo

Sunrise at Sunset (The Sunset Series)

Goodreads Blurb:We vampires are focused and tend to shape our own realities. My name is Katrina Rawlings, and I am a vampire. I declare that with neither pride nor ego. I am simply nature's most dangerous predator. On occasion, it's a very valuable quality. It helped me protect Caleb Taylor one day when he was very young. But that single, traumatic day is behind him now; wiped from his memory, or so I hope. Caleb has finally matured into a rather striking young man, and believe me, I like what I see. I'll readily admit that there are issues for us to confront and overcome, though a sense of mutual commitment isn't one of them. I'm feeling hopeful for our future together, in fact. But an adversary from my past has returned to haunt me, and she's trying to get back at me through Caleb. That was her first...and last...mistake. I'll protect my Caleb at all costs, and I'll make her regret the day she was born. So, I suppose that I'm not just a vampire. I'm about to become someone's worst nightmare


My thoughts;
Ok first off all I have to say is wow. I was honestly pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this book. Now I have to admit in all honesty that when I first picked up this book I had my reservations. I wasn't used to Jaz's writing style and I quickly cast aside the book because at the time I couldn't get into it and now I feel horrible for thinking I couldn't enjoy this book because it was amazing. I started this book then I put it down about 60 pages into it because I didn't connect with Katrina. I don't usually start a book and not finish it because I truly feel that you can always find something that you like about a book. So determined to keep my record of only ever not finishing 1 book in my entire life I picked the book back up to give it a second chance and Omg I am so glad I did.

I found myself completely immersed in Katrina and Caleb's story. Katrina is a vampire who has lived for centuries mostly in seclusion for her own benefit. She decided that she no longer wants to live her lonely existence. She sets off to end her life by sunrise, only to realize at the last minute just how much she wants to live. She finds refuge in the garage of a young Caleb Taylor. He saves her life being non the wiser as to who she really is. 15 years later Katrina seeks Caleb out. They come to care for each other . Caleb's life is endangered when an Enemy from Katrina's past comes back to seek revenge.

This book was absolutely amazing and I feel so bad for ever doubting it. It had every element that I love in a book. Love, Friendship, Sorrow, Danger, Action and humor were all incorporated into Jaz's writing.

I came to feel very connected to Katrina. She is very secretive and protective over Caleb. She would risk anything to save him. She is an amazing Alpha character.

Caleb is a soft soul who you can't help but love. His character isn't the typical Macho masculine man but I loved that!
There was definitely a role reversal in this book. Katrina being the heroine and Caleb taking on the Damsel role even though he didn't want to. I loved how it wasn't your traditional guy saves girl but girl saves guy!

I loved this book and I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves the paranormal genre.



I give this 4/5  Hearts!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How the heck did I miss this book. It sounds really good. I wouldn't feel too bad about putting it down initially. Sometimes a book just doesn't speak to us right away and we need to be in a certain state of mind in order to immerse ourselves in it.


    BTW, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete