Review Thirsty by Tracey Bateman

Thirsty

Goodreads blurb:
There's no place like home, they say. 
"Hello, I'm Nina Parker…and I'm an alcoholic." 
For Nina, it's not the weighty admission but the first steps toward recovery that prove most difficult. She must face her ex-husband, Hunt, with little hope of making amends, and try to rebuild a relationship with her angry teenage daughter, Meagan. Hardest of all, she is forced to return to Abbey Hills, Missouri, the hometown she abruptly abandoned nearly two decades earlier – and her unexpected arrival in the sleepy Ozark town catches the attention of someone – or something – igniting a two-hundred-fifty-year-old desire that rages like a wildfire. 
Unaware of the darkness stalking her, Nina is confronted with a series of events that threaten to unhinge her sobriety. Her daughter wants to spend time with the parents Nina left behind. A terrifying event that has haunted Nina for almost twenty years begins to surface. And an alluring neighbor initiates an unusual friendship with Nina, but is Markus truly a kindred spirit or a man guarding dangerous secrets? 
As everything she loves hangs in the balance, will Nina's feeble grasp on her demons be broken, leaving her powerless against the thirst? The battle between redemption and obsession unfold to its startling, unforgettable end



My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed Thirsty but not because of the paranormal element. I enjoyed the mother daughter story. Nina is an alcoholic who looses everything. When she hits rock bottom, she enters rehab. Thirsty is a great story of one womens journey to clean up her life and write all the wrongs that she has caused. When I finished reading this book I loved it. Not because of the Vampires, they had a part in the story but to me they weren't the main part. It was the story of Nina and her daughter Meg that kept me reading. Nina's struggle to reconnect with her daughter. It is a great story of overcoming addiction and putting your life back together. I would have read this book even if they're weren't vampires. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has had a loved one with an addiction or to anyone who enjoys a great story of reconnection! This was an amazing book and Tracey did an amazing job at conveying the real relationships between mothers and teenage daughters! Great job Tracey! 


I give this 4/5 Hearts

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I kept thinking it would turn into a vampire story...maybe the title? All the same, it sounds like a great read. The cover is very compelling, and while the paranormal element sounds very mysterious and fascinating, I like the idea that the characterization is also strong. Great review! I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this on Facebook. Thanks for linking up!

    http://www.facebook.com/cymlowell

    -CYM

    ReplyDelete