Review: Six Moon Summer by S.M Reine

Six Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon, #1)

Six Moon Summer by S.M Reine
Release Date: April 30th 2011
Publisher: Self Published
Pages: 196
Format: ARC Paperback
Source: Author



Goodreads Synopsis:
Rylie's parents are going through a messy divorce. They send her to summer camp to get her out of the way of their fighting lawyers, but she's just as miserable at the girls' camp as she was at home-- there's nothing vegetarian for her to eat at the mess hall, she hates hiking and archery, and the other campers taunt Rylie mercilessly. 

One night, the bullying goes too far, and Rylie runs away. She doesn't get far. It's a full moon, and she isn't alone in the forest. A wild animal mauls her. She's certain she won't survive. 

Instead of dying, she wakes up unharmed in her cabin the next morning. The only sign that something has changed are the healed scars on her chest, her increasingly keen senses, and her sudden craving for raw, bloody meat. A boy from the other camp seems to know what's happening to her, but Rylie isn't sure if she can trust herself with Seth. 

Rylie soon learns that she only has until the end of summer before she becomes just like the monster that attacked her: a man-eating werewolf hungry for human flesh. Unless she can find a cure, she's only six moons away from transforming forever and losing her life to the hunger...






My Thoughts:
I thoroughly enjoyed Six Moon Summer. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this book was written. Being an avid reader I can tell the difference between a self published novel over a book that was published by a company. To be honest I didn't get the self published feel from this book. I really enjoyed S.M's writing style and I thought she did an amazing job at capturing the emotions of her characters. I fell in love with the story and was very disappointed when I finished the book because I needed more.


I felt Rylie's pain almost as if it were my own. I do believe that she took her situation a little too well and I thought she would have been a little bit more upset about it but that didn't ruin the book for me one bit. I loved Seth's character as well. I was surprised by his role in the book, but in a good way. 


Now I will say that the ending caught me off guard. I expected it all to be tied into a neat little bow but that was not the case. Now don't get me wrong I love the way she ended it because it sets up for the next books in the series perfectly. I really really enjoyed this book. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves werewolves and star crossed lovers. It was a great YA novel and S.M did a wonderful job! 


I Give this 4/5 Hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment