ARC Review: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Embrace (Embrace, #1)
Release Date: March 6 2012
Publisher: SourceBooks
Format: ARC Paperback
Pages:400
Genre:YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Source: Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis:
It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…”

Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden…


My Thoughts:
Oh wow! Embrace was everything I hoped it would be and more. I was extremely excited to read this and it lived up to all of my expectations. Emrace is one of those books that you will not be able to put down. Such a great blend of romance and action.

 I loved Violet. This girl has been through hell and back but she does her best to keep moving forward. She has a lot of help through Lincoln. Lincoln has been her rock, the only constant in her life. But will Violet ever be able to forgive Lincoln from keeping the biggest secret imaginable from her? Even if he couldn't tell her no matter how much he wanted to.

Violet's life is torn upside down but she finds comfort in Pheonix. But is Pheonix there to help or destory her?
I loved Lincoln. He hit such a sweet spot with me. He is everything that any girl could want.

I was so enthralled with Embrace. I am a big fan of love triangles. And the love triangle in Embrace is definitely a great one. The romance with Embrace was hot and steamy. A real page turner from beginning to end. You will not want to miss out on Embrace

2 comments:

  1. I agree that this one was so steamy, it almost felt like an adult novel at times. The only thing I really have to say about this one is...PHOENIX! That is all that needs to be said about this novel, I loved him, he is epic!

    Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see you love this one Kristen! I have been wanting to read Embrace. I love triangles too! Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete