Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1) 
Release Date: May 3 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: Hardcover
Pages:487
Genre: YA/Dystopian
Source: Purchased
Goodreads Synopsis:
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. To the surprise of herself and her selfless Abnegation family, she chooses Dauntless, the path of courage. Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances. 


My Thoughts:
OH MY GOD! How has it taken me this long to read Divergent? I have absolutely no idea. I am kind of upset at myself for not reading it sooner. I now understand why this book won Goodreads choice book of 2011 and I could not agree more.


Divergent was such an exceptional novel. It was fast paced and action-pact and it had every single element of a story that I love. I could not be more thrilled with this book. I loved all the character's. They all brought a unique piece to the book and I do not think it would have become what it did without all of them. Every scenario and every situation left it's imprint.


I am head over heels with Four. I adored him. From the very beginning there was something about him and I knew that he was going to be a great character. Tris was great too. To go from one extreme lifestyle to another was great. I loved reading about her transition into a life of being Dauntless. Her hardships and triumphs made for great reading.


I honestly can say that Divergent is now one of my all time favorite books. I read this book at work, on the bus, even while doing the dishes. There is something to say about a novel that you cannot put down, no matter where you are. 


All of the praise and hype for Divergent is well worth it and it deserves every last bit. I cannot wait for Insurgent and carry on the wonderful story of Four and Tris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment