ARC Review: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon
Release Date: May 22 2012
Publisher: Fiewel and Friends
Format: ARC Paperback
Pages: 324
Genre: YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Source: Publisher



Goodreads Synopsis:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . . 

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.



My Thoughts:
All I can say is this was AMAZING!. I am so unbelievably,absolutely,irrevocably in love with this book. Anna Banks knocked it out of the park with this one.

I loved Emma and Galen. They have now got to be two of my favourite character's. Emma and her take no crap attitude and snarky comments was adorable. 

The dynamic push and pull of their relationship was great. Now normally I am not a fan of "mermaid" stories but I enjoyed this one. Anna made mermaids fun for me. She made it fun and thrilling and I am romantic.

The character's are fun and energetic and it had a great plot with an amazing setting. I was shocked by the ending of the book but I am so excited to continue the story. I want more!

1 comment:

  1. This book is funny! Right at the beginning, Emma meets Galen by slamming face first into his bare chest at the beach in Florida. She was completely mortified. Her inner dialogue is hilarious. I was trying really hard not to laugh, because I didn't want anyone to hear me in the middle of the night. And the things she says out loud are funny too! "Ohmysweetgoodness." is a common outburst, along with "Fan-flipping-tastic". I could just hear them as I read them, and I'll admit I kind of giggled every time. There are serious moments as well, but I was not expecting the humor at all. It was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete