ARC Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Release Date: January 3 2012
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Format: ARC Paperback
Pages: 387
Genre: YA/Science Fiction/Dystopian
Series: The Lunar Chronicles (#1)
Source: Publisher

Goodreads Synopsis:
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


My Thoughts:

Wow what an interesting concept! Such a mindblowing adventure. To be honest I received this book to review at the beginning of the year and I just cracked it open now. I wasn't all that thrilled with the concept but then I received Scarlet for review so I knew I had to give it a chance and I am so so glad I did. I feel quite ashamed that it took me this long to read this book because it was seriously amazing.

The concept was unique, the character's were fantastic and I felt genuinley connected with Cinder. I adored the whole thing. Marissa took a classic story and put such great twist to it. The entire book was great.


Such a modern retelling to one of my favorite stories as a child. Again I cannot believe it took me this long to read it. This was a one sitting read for me. Some people have an issue with re-tellings and I can understand why but if you write it like Marissa did there is no way that you cannot love it.


Cinder's relationship with Kai was bittersweet.  I really fell in love with Iko as well. That android made me laugh so many times throughout the book. This story had all the main elements of the original with modern and not so modern differences that really spiced it up.


I don't normally give ratings anymore but this is a 5/5 for sure! If you are like me and haven't read this yet then go, run to your nearest book store and purchase a copy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment