ARC Review: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Release Date: February 5 2013
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Format: Galley/ARC
Pages: 464
Genre: YA/Fairytale-Retelling
Series: The Lunar Chronicles (#2)
Source: Publisher


Goodreads Synopsis:
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner


My Thoughts:
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Ok I think that by now you probably understand that I thought this was freaking awesome! Scarlet was even better than Cinder and I thought Cinder was freaking amazing.
I honestly didn't think that Marissa could up the ante any more but ohh boy did she ever. Scarlet exceeded my expectations ten fold.

Marissa brings in a fresh new batch of character's who are amazing. She somehow was able to combine Cinderella and The Little Red Ridinghood into this great sequel. How she did this without it turning out weird is beyond me. But she did and it turned out fantastic. Marissa introduces us to Scarlet and Wolf, who by the way has just taken Kai's place as my favorite guy for this series.

Scarlet and Wolf set off on a whirlwind adventure to find Scarlet's grandmother. Everyone keeps telling her that her grandmother just ran off but Scarlet know's that's not true.  At first Wolf is just a means to an end but as they continue on their journey she finds that Wolf has a hold on her.

Cinder continues her search for the truth and to find answer's to her 10,000 questions. What she doesn't expect is to pick up three strangers along the way. But these strangers become her most valuable allies.

Adventure, drama, twists and turns at every corner make Scarlet an unbelievable sequel.

2 comments:

  1. GOSH I AM DYING TO READ THIS!! I am so happy to hear you thought it was BETTER than Cinder - I wouldn't have thought that possible either BUT I"LL TAKE IT! I can't wait to see her spin on Little Red Riding Hood and how she brings Cinder into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I just finished Cinder today! Someone I work with has the Scarlet galley and I think I may need to mug him.

    ReplyDelete