This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

This Song Will Save Your LifeThis Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux(BYR)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 288
Genre: YA Contemporary, Music, Romance
Sources: Book Depository

Goodreads Synopsis:

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.
 
My Thoughts:

I got very excited about this book the moment I read about it on the internet. I wanted to read it so much that I immediately ordered it. I was a little worried that I would find it really immature or that I just would not be able to get into it. I was wiped out by this book and it has become an instant favorite.

Elise, our protagonist, was an amazing character. Not only did I love her, I identified with her immensely. I was in no way part of the popular crowd and I had my fair share of being picked on. But the things these kids did to Elise!! No kid should ever have to go through that.

The storyline was extremely well-written, music taking center stage throughout. I loved Elise’s love of all music not just dance. I also liked the way the characters developed over the course of the book. I believe a good story should draw the reader in and evoke emotion. The depth of emotion tells you just how good the story is. This Song Will Save Your Life had me feeling the whole gamut of emotions; I was even in tears at one point. I became emotionally attached to the characters, even feeling loss at more than one point.


I am sad that there is no next book to look forward to, but I definitely love This Song Will Save Your Life. It’s going on my shopping list for Christmas for everyone I know who reads!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment