Happy New Year! What are your goals for 2015?


So 2014 is officially over and we now ring in 2015!! I am so excited for this year. I am looking forward to making some major changes and adjustments in almost all aspects of my life. I am looking forward to reading more and hopefully writing more as well. 2014 did not go exactly like I had planned and I hope to be able to finally buckle down and do all of those things that we all tell ourselves that we are going to accomplish when the New Year rolls around. 


2014 was a great year don't get me wrong but I found myself getting into a rut multiple times. I felt myself getting bored easily with both reading and writing. I found that I wasn't pushing myself to get out of those lazy days/weeks that I found myself in. I can't tell you how many times I would stare at my laptop finally hoping to sit down and actually start to write, only to sit and stare at the blank screen for hours. I can't say how many times I sat down to read and after 20 or so pages would toss the book aside because I was just so bored and in a funk that I couldn't even bring myself to do what I love doing most, which is reading.

So for me 2015 is to shape up. Get out of my lazy funk. I know a lot of that has to do with my lifestyle at home. I am vowing to at least try to write something, anything.  Anything to get those creative juices flowing.

Up until now my blog has featured mostly YA novels. But over the last year my reading habits have changed a bit and I find myself drawn more to New Adult and Romance. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE YA and always will, I just wanted to warn you in advance that you will notice a change in some of the content on the blog in 2015. But if anything I read and review is older than YA, I will make sure to put a disclaimer stating so for my younger readers. 

I am going to do a better job at keeping up with my reading and writing goals. I am going to make sure I set realistic goals but I am also going to do a better job at actually keeping track of those goals. 

2015 for me is going to be the year where I actually finish what I start. Those are my goals for 2015. What are yours?

1 comment: